Opened 12 years ago

Closed 12 years ago

Last modified 11 years ago

#374 closed defect (fixed)

incorrect copyright update on yat/Makefile.am

Reported by: Peter Johansson Owned by: Peter Johansson
Priority: major Milestone: svndigest 0.7
Component: svncopyright Version: trunk
Keywords: Cc:

Description

copyright update on yat/Makefile.am in 0.4-stable branch causes the following diff:

-# Copyright (C) 2003 Daniel Dalevi, Jari H�kkinen, Peter Johansson
-# Copyright (C) 2004 Jari H�kkinen, Peter Johansson, Cecilia Ritz
-# Copyright (C) 2005, 2006, 2007 Jari H�kkinen, Peter Johansson
-# Copyright (C) 2008 Jari H�kkinen
+# Copyright (C) 2005 Daniel Dalevi, Jari H�kkinen, Peter Johansson, Cecilia Ritz
+# Copyright (C) 2006, 2007, 2008 Jari H�kkinen, Peter Johansson

This cannot be correct because svn log gives

$ svn log Makefile.am | grep daniel
r11 | daniel | 2003-06-03 12:21:31 -0400 (Tue, 03 Jun 2003) | 2 lines
r4 | daniel | 2003-02-25 10:04:49 -0500 (Tue, 25 Feb 2003) | 2 lines

and

$ svn log Makefile.am | grep cecilia
r86 | cecilia | 2004-05-26 11:20:35 -0400 (Wed, 26 May 2004) | 2 lines

Change History (3)

comment:1 Changed 12 years ago by Peter Johansson

Status: newassigned

comment:2 Changed 12 years ago by Peter Johansson

Resolution: fixed
Status: assignedclosed

(In [814]) fixes #374

The problem was in the map year2rev that maps from a year to the last revision of that year. We got that information from an SVNlog(ROOT) object. When ROOT was yat/yat the problem (we've seen before) occured. The problem is that if we follow the log of yat/yat we realize it was created in 2005, so the map wouldn't cover for year 2004 and 2003. And there are many files, for example yat/yat/Makefile.am, that were created in 2003 and 2004.

I could see two obvious solutions to the problem. Either call get the log from repos_root_url or call NODE::log. The latter gives the union of the logs of nodes in the directory (and below), which should be sufficient. That, however, also implies that a log call is needed for every file, which makes this slow in particular since ROOT often is quite high the files structure. I therefore went with a log call to repos_root_url, which is fast since it only involves one call to svn server.

comment:3 Changed 11 years ago by Peter Johansson

(In [888]) fixes #374

The problem was in the map year2rev that maps from a year to the last revision of that year. We got that information from an SVNlog(ROOT) object. When ROOT was yat/yat the problem (we've seen before) occured. The problem is that if we follow the log of yat/yat we realize it was created in 2005, so the map wouldn't cover for year 2004 and 2003. And there are many files, for example yat/yat/Makefile.am, that were created in 2003 and 2004.

I could see two obvious solutions to the problem. Either call get the log from repos_root_url or call NODE::log. The latter gives the union of the logs of nodes in the directory (and below), which should be sufficient. That, however, also implies that a log call is needed for every file, which makes this slow in particular since ROOT often is quite high the files structure. I therefore went with a log call to repos_root_url, which is fast since it only involves one call to svn server.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.